Tuesday 24 April 2012

Mishing at Mission Bay

photo via
Somehow I have untangled myself from the sewing machine cord to get out to the pool, and hit the streets a bit over the last wee while. And thanks to the wonderful supporters of Trinity St Loft goodies, I have been able to save some $ and upgrade my commuter bike to a...get up at 5.30am on a Sunday & do a triathalon kinda bike. 
Although I started out a little sleepy eyed, I soon warmed up and somehow placed 1st in my age group for the swim, and also had the 2nd fastest run time...ending up 5th overall. Now if only I had actually trained on the bike, and not relied on its amazingness to pull me through... oops :p 
Yay go us!
I had been training with my darling friend Hells, and although she needed a bit of convincing that YES she could actually do it, Hells completed the entire 500swim, 20k bike and 5k run with such a huge smile. Look at her zoom with the hardcores!
photo via
Such a beautiful day out at Mish Bay, and it was all over and done by 9am wow. 
I headed straight to get a pie, on strict instruction and donation from my #1 supporter Squid xx Thanks ma hunny, twas homemade, and twas steak n cheese. mmmm
This is Bert & Ernie the two bestest of bikey friends who really stepped it up on the day
Thanx guys xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share some cheer. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...