Sunday 23 September 2012

Paintbrushes and Sunshine

After a awesome market on Saturday (THANKS EVERYONE FOR POPPING BY) ... followed by such an amazingly cooked meal by my dear friends, Sunday was meant to be a bit of a sleep in. Though it wasn't really possible when I have a special project on the brain...
I had to dig under piles of fabric and bike tyre tubes (yes I keep bundles in my room!) to find my box of paints. It's been a while since I have picked up a paintbrush, but it felt like the perfect day. 
I was spoilt with a lot of lovely help from Mr Oratia, we cranked some beats and lapped up the warmth on the sunny side of the house.
Even more so than hand stitching hems, painting actually soothes me, from laying down a spread of newspaper to looking down at the speckles of colours still left on my hands and arms now.
 Remember the pledges people made to love our earth? I used some of them as I stamped about. SUCH FUN! I hope you all had a great weekend, it felt very spring-y - though perhaps I should of jumped on the 'spring clean' bandwagon rather than make more crafty mess idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share some cheer. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...