Sunday 24 July 2011

Coast

A very special friend of mine jumped on a giant bird and flew to London on Friday...

I have been trying to cover up my poor-me-i'm-going-to-miss-her-so feelings with notions of joy and excitement for her grand adventure! Now that she has pocketed her farewell gift I thought I would share with you this special project that's been secret for some time.

I was inspired by a locket necklace I had seen with some sketchy trees on the inside, I thought maybe this could work as a ring too. I called on my amazing friend, who happens to be an amazing jeweler. She rescued a lovely looking locket, otherwise destined for the melting pot (just the type of craftyness I love). She did her fanciful thing, polished her up and attached her to a gorgeous band. What wonderful work!

For the inside surprise I sketched some ideas and thoughts of our days growing up on the Thames coast... and finished on some of my home made paper that I made a year or two ago and have kept for very special occasions like this.

A little pocket of home for Rhia to take with her off to Europa!

the little pouch I made with some offcuts of satin & corduroy


no gift is complete from me without a handmade card too
fantastico! it fits!

Good bye for now my darling sis xx


 I imagine Rhia will have some splendid antics to report on soon, I can't wait to read the tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share some cheer. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...